The first day of spring starts tomorrow! If you haven’t noticed the pollen by now, trust me you will in the next couple of weeks! Due to the longer season of spring-like weather this year, we are likely to have a higher pollen index: which entails the total estimated pollen count for the year. With research from pollen.com, we have prepared the easiest allergy prevention tips that you can use today!
- When the pollen count is especially high, make sure to keep your windows closed in your home and car to avoid letting in pollen. There is already going to be a good amount of pollen on the outside of your vehicle, having it accumulate on the inside can easily provoke sneezing attacks.
- It is important that you wash your face and hands after you’ve been outside to remove pollen left on your hands from car doors and doorknob handles.
- On mornings that are especially warm and dry; it is imperative to limit your outdoor exposure. These days will usually have a high pollen count. Dry and windy days also have high pollen counts; the suggested time for outdoor activities is soon following a heavy rainfall.
- Before going to bed, bathe and shampoo to remove pollen from skin and hair in order to prevent it on your bedding. We also recommend washing your bedding in hot, soapy water once a week.
- Minimize contact with pets and people that have spent a large amount of time outdoors around pollen.
These are the easiest tips we found that you can get started on right away! If you suffer from chronic allergies and want the full list of prevention tips, you can access it here: https://www.pollen.com/allergy/allergy-prevention
Another great tip you can do is to call us for an exterior cleaning! 25% OFF of our Exterior Basic Service for the upcoming pollen season, which leaves your car shining and also prevents the rebuild of pollen again. Book online at www.sudswaterless.com or call our office at 336-355-2128. We look forward to seeing you!